[Dailydrool] Mornings' FIBI

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 16:59:10 PDT 2011

I am beginning to think that the fire a year ago fried my brain too. We HAVE
ANOYHER BASSET! Yes, we do. That makes 4! I am her "foster" mom. She is 7 and
came from the breeder where I got Hollyberry. They are going out of business,
had sold all of their "breeding stock" but the guy who bought them didn't want
Phoebe. They gave her to me.  She is a 7 year old red and white girl. Never
lived indoors (she is asleep in front of the fireplace at the moment...go
figure, love). Spent all her time in a concrete pen, bearing puppies taken from
her too soon for profit. My granddaughter and I bathed her, I cleaned her ears,
wiped out her eyes...gave her a clean, pretty collar and bought her a cheese
burger. She slept in a crate in the bedroom last night with the rest of us.
Thelma Lou (GABR alumni), Huckleberry (local rescue alumni), Fergus (Ozark
Mountain Rescue alumni) and now Phoebe. We have come a long way from this time
last year when I was playing with Hollyberry and Noah. I will miss them forever
and have not "replaced" them but we are grateful to welcome their successors
into our lives.

Second, let me say that I would be truly sorry if my funny poem offended anyone
because my family all thought it was slightly pornographic and told me I
shouldn't share it.  I told them it was too late. They were mortified. But, one
of my friends who was on the receiving end of one of Huck's smooches said that
is exactly the "way it goes down".  I must also report that they were all
laughing so hard that they were crying and this family can use a good laugh.
That is what my dogs do for us..they provide comfort, entertainment,
companionship, laughter and love.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. You are each on my heart as THE ANNIVERSARY
approaches this week. What wonderful people you are!

SNOOTERS,
Maggie Honnold
Themla Lou, Huckleberry, Fergus and Phoebe
Hollyberry ATB and Noah ATB