[Dailydrool] ARLO ate the Easter Bunny

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 16:58:56 PDT 2011

Yes we have a really cute young 'un named ARLO (yes, all caps, you cannot
manage to talk about Arlo without shouting his name) available for
adoption.  He's about 1.5 yrs old, although the shelter when he was  emaciated and
had pneumonia aged him at 3, our vet later re-aged him to  1.5.

Many people apply to adopt ARLO - and today I had a funny app wanting a
hound that was calm and cuddly and housetrained, housetrained he's got, cuddly
 he is - usually wants to cuddle from the top of your head, the counter, on
top  of the table - you get the picture.  Calm? Maybe in about 5 years.

Easter herre at Daphneyland means no visitors commonly, so we humans feed
and clean, scoop etc as there are no Holidays for us when we talk about 100
hounds - a Holiday just means less hands to help.
I had saved and purchased a ham to cook for those who were here to help on
Easter - and it was sitting on top of the dryer out of hounds way.
That is all 99 hounds except ARLO.
See this one coming?  And I should KNOW better!!

Like a flash of lightening a red and white streak launched through the
grooming room window, sailed across the grooming room and in one motion landed
atop the dryer.
Grabbing a huge mouth of Ham he paused for a moment..... and then was off
like lightening.
ARLO strikes again.

I thought we were missing something this weekend - I am fairly certain ARLO
 ate the Easter Bunny, I can;t prove it, however he was strangely calm last
night  - either ham and bunny filled his belly - or he's plotting something.

ARLO - available for adoption to a home insane enough to want a lunatic
pupster.
Then we can talk about Firecracker Bogart the Mouth of the  Mountain.......

Dawn of the West
Being outwitted by hounds on a daily basis.
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
Join our facebook page _www.facebook.com/basset911_
(http://www.facebook.com/basset911)  ! Get  BaRNi at Daphneyland updates,
Help raise funds for bassets to be rescued!
_www.firstgiving.com/heavenlyballoons_ (http://www.firstgiving.com/heavenlyballoons)
HoeDown is coming! May 7, 2011!  11 - 3  p.m.