[Dailydrool] long haired hounds?

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:48:41 PDT 2011

I think there are a number of different hound coats. My Joey Hound has the
normal, short & sleek coat (okay, bad example as he's actually missing some
fur due to alopecia) but, My parent's dogs have the same coat, short, flat &
sleek. My Emma (a.k.a. little momma) has what my dad calls 'long hair.'

Now, to quantify this, she's NOT a long haired basset! She doesn't have fur
anywhere near as long as the long-hairs I've seen photos of... Her hair IS,
however, longer & fluffier than any other hounds my family has had, and mom
said that after a good grooming she fluffed up just like a teddy bear.

I kind of wonder about this, are there many different coat types that the
hounds can have? Surely some of the more seasoned droolers who can answer
this question?

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473