[Dailydrool] Sad day

Lauraine Snelling tlsnelling at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 21:43:08 PDT 2011

We've know this day was coming but there is no way to prepare for the grief of
sending our Sir Chewey ob de Mountains on his journey to the bridge yesterday
afternoon. Had an appointment with our vetman in the morning and he said
Chewey's mouth was full of ulcers and either fluid or cancer metastisized to one
lung. The tumor was closing off his throat and had grown out the side of his
mouth too. He had to be masking terrible pain, I know how much a stupid canker
sore hurts. He was now losing weight too. He has held on so long and so
valiantly. Everyone who knows us and him has called him a miracle dog. the vet
thought he would be gone by Christmas. We had hoped he would just slip away one
night in his sleep but that wasn't to be. The house is so empty, other than us
drowning in tears. Today was better than yesterday.  I know so many of you have
endured this lately. No easy answers but getting through this. Hug on your
hounds and thank you all for sharing our love and joy and exasperation at times,
with these funny hounds. He sure leaves a big hole behind.
blessings, Wayne and Lauraine and Sir Chewey ob de Mountains ATB. Woofer ATB
too.
Lauraine Snelling
author of The Red River Series
Daughters of Blessing