[Dailydrool] Giardiasis

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Fri Apr 29 10:32:36 PDT 2011

Does anyone have experience with Giardiais worms? The vet sent off a fecal sample from my Jack Russell mix and it came back positive for this parasite. Never heard of it before. He was given Metronidazole & Panacur. He took the run of the meds and I gave him his herat worm meds soon after he finished them. He vomited a foam one day and then got loose bowels. He has had soft bowels off and on for about 6 days. I don't know if he could have eaten something he shouldn't, because if it doesn't outrun him, he eats it. My Bassett wasn't one to eat everything he saw so Buddy is a different case. Any knowlege you can share?