[Dailydrool] Thinking about Dog Doors

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Apr 5 22:31:34 PDT 2011

Thought about a dog door...up-1 out-1 in-down, up again-1 out-still out-down again,
up again-1 in-2 out-1 in, 2 still out, down,- in, all three finally in.  Take a nap, wake up 20
minutes later- get up 1 out,  1 back in, go in living room- howls starts- 3 out and don't want
to come in, lay down, pitiful howls and scratching at the door- get up- all 3 in to take a nap.
I give up on nap.

With  Tucker (ATB) there was no ignoring him when he wanted outside or you paid the price.
He would start chewing his way out through the drywall.  Forget the patching...Perfect spot
for X-tra Large dog door.  Problem solved....except for Fab Freddie.  Freddie goes in and out
of the dog door fine during the day but at night he will go out (the porch light has to be on)
but sit and howl at the door when he wants back in.  Not too much trouble except when I open
the door and he then decides he is going through the dog door 2 ft away. Many times I have
tried to coax him in through his door but he won't have it, so I just stand there, shake my head
and smile.  For a boy who spent most of his life out in a yard with no shelter it sure didn't take
him long to decide that inside is soooo much better.

 Bev...go for the dog door.  I have had one over 4 yrs now and the only live critter I have ever
had come in was a member of the Rat-Tailaban that Nikko kitty brought in to teach Sebastian
and Sachi how to hunt.  Kitties loved it...I just about fainted as I hopped around on one foot
trying to figure out how to get it out from under the couch.   I was trying to lean over the couch
 to use my grabbers to force it out but just kept visualizing the D&mn thing  jumping up and biting
the end of my nose off.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our foster basset,  Fabulous Freddie
Don't forget your Basset Pin Cushions
www.elderclarafabulousfreddie.com
Please Visit Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc