[Dailydrool] Dog Doors

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Thu Apr 7 09:10:59 PDT 2011

I love them.  Totally changes your dog owning experience.  Best part of a
dog door was that Eli puppy was potty trained by the bigger bassets.  He had
two only accidents in the house and both can be attributed to the UTI he
had.  Down side is like Miss Angela, Eli too enjoys bringing in baby birds
for play dates.

That being said, when we moved into our new house there was no dog door and
no real obvious place to put one.  We eventually decided to put it in the
basement wall, under a covered deck.  We have installed it only recently.
This meant for about  6 months the dogs enjoyed having a door person and do
not really want to give up that luxury.  They use their dog door quite a bit
but when feeling overly tired from a romp in the back yard, the will park by
the back door looking to get in.  Hannah will get tired of waiting and walk
down to the dog door.  Eli will not.  He gets let in with an exasperated
"You have your own door, why don't you use it?"  Why, indeed silly human.

As for Bev's story- anyone stupid enough to crawl through a large dog door
deserves what they find on the other side.

--
Jennifer
Jacksonville, AL

Willie Morris,