[Dailydrool] Counter Cruising

Susan Murray-Grage mzkrazykat at live.com
Fri Apr 8 17:04:16 PDT 2011

Robert helped me out with my previous post, since I included the wrong link.  He posted it, but here it is again.
I do think that Charlie is exhibiting TRUE counter cruising in the web cam photos.  It is unfortunate that the camera
did not record Charlie's method of levitating... believe me it isn't angel wings!  We have yet to catch him
in the act, but scratches on the cabinet suggest he hooks an arm over the counter into the sink, and pushes
and pulls himself up.   Remember, he's a redhead, and he is very determined.  When he first came to live with
us, he regularly and with great ease bounded over the four foot fence around our yard, so my husband added a foot to the
height.  He was still capable of scaling the fence but it seems he turned a corner with us about that time, and realized
he was home with us and didn't need to go anywhere.  But his countertop forays are impossible to prevent, we just
reduce the damage by locking away the valuables (food).  (Charlie came to us with a strong phobia about crates, and we have not
pushed the issue with him.)   The photo of the kitchen mess reflects an unproductive foray in which
Charlie appears to have gotten mad at the lack of snacks, and pushed the spice rack and knife block off the counter
and nearly pushed the microwave off as well.

http://photobucket.com/charliebasset

Susan Murray-Grage

Underhill, Vermont