[Dailydrool] Miss Angela, twistet cyster

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 10:38:43 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva or Wichita and Sedgwick County

Last night, when Miss Angela climbed up into my lap for an
evening petting session, I felt a gooey mess in the middle of
her back.  I got some paper towels and found a lot of bloody
goop in the hair.  Apparently, some time during the day, one of
her fatty or sebaceous cysts had erupted.  I cleaned the area up
as well as I could and it stopped seeping for the most part.
This morning I took her over to see Dr. Cathy, just in case.  It
was, indeed, a ruptured cyst.  Dr Cathy said that the safest
option was surgery (under general anaesthetic) to remove all
vestiges of the cyst.  She quoted me a price that I knew would
be fierce even before I saw it.  (Dr Cathy even folded it before
she handed me the printout. )  I said that I would rather have it
flushed out and we would keep an eye on it for a few days.

Long story short, Miss Angela now has a shaved spot right in
the middle of her back with a  puckery hole at the center of it.
It is only slightly oozy which is a good thing because it is right
at the spot where she comes in contact with couch or carpet
while sleeping on her back.  She also has to take a course of
antibiotics for ten days.

I always found that Miss Angela was an easy pill taker, but
today she ate the little piece of turkey sausage in which the
pill was hidden, chewed carefully, and then spit the pill out.
I had taken care to give her a couple of bites of the meat
first so that she would become less suspicious and gobble
down the pill delivery sausage.  No matter.  She now will be
a challenge twice a day.  I'll have to see what kinds of meat,
cheese or other treat will mask the pill.

In general, Angie doesn't seem to be in any way discomfited
by the cyst.  She is back to being her normal self, all sloth
and torpor (though she did rouse herself to vigorously object
to the presence of rabbits in her front yard)  If it doesn't get
infected, we should be fine.  Now we have only the heat to
worry about.  The TV weatherman says 108 today and 111
tomorrow.

We send lots of hot weather drool to those in need.

Bill (I'll fool you yet, my pretty)
Angela (You won't fool me, I'll just decide to stop fighting it.
                if you're lucky)