[Dailydrool] Burrowing Bassets?

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 09:22:24 PDT 2011

My silly Edmond Dawd keeps us laughing but his latest quirk has us baffled. He loves to snuggle with us (we are big readers right before bedtime) and we have welcomed him to come rest his big 'ol head on our pillows. Lately though he saunters up, pulls down the sheets, sticks his head in under the sheet and comforter and uses his snooter to burrow his way down to our feet. He does a couple circles and lays down.. sleeping under the covers for an hour or so. He will do the same thing in the morning when the first alarm goes off (I'm a fan of the snooze button). Does anyone else have a basset who does this? Its like he loves to be in the dark. Silly guy.

On a more serious note, Edmond has had his anxiety calmed with herbal chews we found at the local Mom & Pop dog store. Gobbles them up in the morning and there is a decrease in his howling. Only problem is, he refuses to eat while we are away. As soon as some one comes home, he does his wiggly butt dance, gives kisses, and immediately heads to his bowl to eat. Any tips? Should we worry he will get too thin? He is already a skinny basset (just over 50#, and just under 4 feet long). His eating habits/appetite are normal on weekends when we are home all day with him. He is a rescue though...

Slinging to drool to all in need, congrats to those who made it through surgery just fine, and heart healing barks to all who need it!

Kimi & Edmond Dawd