[Dailydrool] Question? Temaril P for itching and paw biting?

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 15:31:52 PDT 2011

Has anyone had their dog on Temaril P?
My Buddy was biting his feet and the vet put him on Temaril P at 1.5 pills 2X day for 4 days and then reducing it to 1 pill 2X day for 4 days and then 1 pill 2 X day for4 days and Finally, 1 pill every other day for for the last 2 pills. Taking a total of 2 weeks. I also have a spray they gave for his feet for after he goes ourside. It is just cortisone spray. I worry about the possible side effects. He is sedated on it and he isn't interested in much, but with the itchniess  he had, he was less active already. He is only 29 lbs and a Jack Russel mix. Nervous Mom.