[Dailydrool] Blueberries and dogs

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:09:39 PDT 2011

Just got back from the vet with Radar.  He had is last acupuncture
treatment for his knee and we also discussed the progress with the home
cooked diet all three are on now.  Thought I should pass along what the
vet told me about blueberries and dogs.  He said not to feed them as
they have been linked to renal problems in dogs.  So that was a shock to
me as my dogs love blueberries...no more though.  Also, he told me of a
dog that passed away recently from eat Pistachio nuts...they are toxic
as well.  I only knew of macadamia nuts being bad so this was some new
info. as well.
Hope this information helps.
Cheryl
Otter
Radar, cleared for light duty (walking) for the next 2 weeks...NO Running
Mollie the Bloodhound, wishing and waiting until she can play with her
brother...com'on it's been a month already!