[Dailydrool] Maggie hate the smoke detector.

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:02:55 PDT 2011

My smoke detector is going off intermitently because I am cleaning the
oven.  The oven is probably on fire.  I should check.  Anyway, the oven
cleaning set off the smoke detector and that set off Maggie.  Hates
fireworks and storms too.  She is now "hiding behind the puppy bed full of
Marley.  Marley is out or she would be attaching her teeth to Maggie.
Maggie is glaring at me and wondering why that noise keeps happening.
Maggie is a bit of a coward for all of her size.  She is the gentlest dog I
have ever known.  She just doesn't like people messing with her life.  She
likes things calm and soothing.

She slept with me again last night.  This time we didn't get up until 6.
Yesterday's 4:24 was more than even she could take.  I think a boy was going
to bed then.  The boys in this house have a way of unsettling all of us.
Marley woke up first today.  She wakes up and has a monumental itch.  Then
Ninja woke up and had an upset tummy.  Maggie slept through it all but when
I got up, she was ready for breakfast.

The smoke detector has stopped screaming.  Maggie is still in her hiding
place but is now falling asleep.  Marley is being very tolerant of her.
Marley is not known for being tolerant of much.  She is a very grumpy girl.
Looks like she swallowed a bottle of vinegar or something.

Time to scrape out the ashes in the oven.  Oh, joy.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby