[Dailydrool] the Basset Way

Lynne Cheney lynnecheney at msn.com
Fri Aug 12 14:59:41 PDT 2011

Reading some of the drool stories reminded me of my first experiences with
Buddha. He was a 4 month old puppy, already adept at counter surfing, (now
he lays in the middle of the kitchen floor waiting for a goodie, he's no
dummy). He had an ear infection and was being treated with an antibiotic
cream. I panicked when I noticed the cap to the ointment was missing. I
rushed him to the er vet in fear he had swallowed the cap, he was notorious
for grabbing things off the coffee table. They  x-rayed him and gave him
something so he would vomit. Many dollars and stress later, we went home,
nothing turned up and Bu was okay. I found the cap top under the coffee
table when I got home!  I was glad to be safe rather than sorry but I
learned quickly how clever Bassets are at stealing things. Nothing is safe.
 Luckily he was okay and I keep my doors closed to rooms I don't want him
in.

At almost 3 years old, his favorite game is to unwind the toilet paper and
get it all over the floor!  I've outwitted him by turning the roll around
the other way, now it just goes around and around.  I know he will figure
out how to get it to roll off at some point!!! Gotta love them.

--
*Lynne Cheney*