[Dailydrool] A Fine Line--

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 12:17:08 PDT 2011

Momma here. And I had to comment on the repairman thread. Now this is not really one side or the other I suppose, but in my line of work I am at tow lots, folks homes, body shops, heck I go about anywhere. I meet dogs, cats, farm animals---so I guess I can speak from experience. I love animals, but with that being said, I am one cautious Momma out there. I ask in advance if there are animals on the property, and I ask for them to be confined if the owner is not there, or if I get a sense that things are not safe if they are there. I have been attacked by a pitt bull, chased onto the roof of a car by a doberman and his shepard brother--we wont discuss those dents in the roof I put in the car roof--the lady had left the gate open, forgot, told me to go on in, and I was the intruder--the bull mastiff at the tow yard that chased me into a wrecked car and then sat down next to the car and waiting for me to come out--I had to call on the cell to get out of that one--- a poodle that was sitting oh so pretty until I opened the car door--it went for my face-and then there was the turkey. His name was Tom-it could run a whole lot faster than I could and they sure can peck--
Animals protect what they feel is theirs-and they have a much different attitude when you cross that fine line. I have to protect myself, I get hurt in the field and the bone money goes short--so as much as I love them all, with the exception of the turkey, I make sure we all stay safe. The instances are few considering the places I end up in a day--but--memorable.

Now back to drooling for all in need--that was my wisdom for the moment.

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake