[Dailydrool] Curly/Replacing a Hound

hanni klinger hanni1221 at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 18 09:53:28 PDT 2011

With a sad heart and tears streaming down my face I have to tell you that we had to send Curly to the Bridge yesterday.
Curly was one of the Droopy Dozen. About 3 weeks after our Chilliepepper went to the  bridge we decided that the house is just to empty and its time to look for an older Hound who needs a home.We drove to Judy in PA and met Curly .He reminded us so much of Chilliepepper but in looks only. It took all but 1 day and he was in our heart and we loved that boy.about 2 weeks later we found out that he had congestive heart failure.He was put on meds and he was doing ok till 3 days ago.His heart could not take it any more.His body just started to shut down.I know he is better of now ,but it hurts.
2 month later Haley came into our life and she is a mix between Basset and Beagle.They got along very well.
So to whoever ask about getting another Hound if you loose one ,I say yes go for it .It will never replace the one you lost but they just open another part of your heart.We also said no more after Chillie,but that did  not last long.
We are glad we have Haley here it helps a little.Will we get another one ? Right now I say no,but only time will tell.Its up to Chillie and Curly to send the right one our way.

Hanni & Mike slaves to Haley ,Chilliepepper (ATB) and Curly (ATB)