[Dailydrool] Hugs and stuff

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:32:11 PDT 2011

We too are saddened by Bob's departure for the bridge.  The video was lovely
and I cried through it for dog and family I have not met.  He was something
special.

Maggie is a girl who loves to be hugged, rubbed, scritched and touched in
any way.  She is a 78 pound cream puff.  She loves everyone and wants to be
in the center of any loving going on.  Ninja likes for me to hug her and she
will kiss me but she is a one person girl.  She keeps most people and
creatures away if she can.  Marley will tolerate hugs once you get past the
growling.  She has to growl.  It is in her contract somewhere.  She growls
before all meals.  She growls as she goes to bed.  She growls if you look at
her funny.  She just likes to growl.  It is her way of letting off steam, I
think.  Shelby is too short for much hugging.  She loves, loves, loves her
belly rubbed.  She will roll over any time, any place for a rub.  Sometimes
she rolls over when no one is in the room, just waiting for someone to walk
by.  Maggie and Ninja purr too.  When something feels good, they purr.  I
guess the cats are rubbing off on them.  The funny thing is, the cats have
almost silent purrs.  You have to feel them to know if they are purring.

Sunny is the only basset we have ever known who was pretty much
untouchable.  I have the scars to prove it.  My oldest son finally gained
her trust enough to be able to handle her when she got older.  I just found
a picture of him typing on the computer with her in his lap.  She is also in
his senior pictures.  I don't think he would have had the pictures done if
she wouldn't have been allowed to come too.  They made quite a pair, the
grump and the Cujo basset.

We are sending drool to all who are sad or in need of healing.  Maggie is
sending kisses too.

Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby with the mom