[Dailydrool] 2 SWEET SENIORS,1 GENTLEMAN & HHBR NEED HELP!

Jess'e Potts bassetlovers at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 30 08:34:48 PDT 2011

HHBR has taken a great leap of faith in pulling some hounds from 2 MO
Shelters, Chillicothe & Springfield.  As with every hound we pull we pull
with confidence in knowing we can securely find fosters for these hounds and
that we have enough funds for the hounds to be vetted...but in these hounds
cases their medical needs far outweigh the funds HHBR has available right
now.

We are desperately needing help to cover these 2 great Seniors & Young
Hounds vetting costs!
All photos of these hounds can be seen on their Flickr link at
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvRMv96

The shelter in Springfield, MO is probably one of those highest euthanizing
rate facilities in southern MO.  Until a year ago when rescues finally
begged and won the ability to go in and pull dogs from this shelter they
were barely able to rescue the minimal amount they wanted to help.  Now to
say this shelter is crowded is an understatement.  They typically place 2-3
dogs in a single dog run, altered or not altered, get along or don't get
along...it makes no difference to them.  The conditions of the shelter are
on the lower end of suitable to even house animals.  EACH AND EVERY ANIMAL
that comes out of the facility WILL have Kennel Cough--which in a healthy
animal takes a week or so of antibiotics to clear--but most animals in there
are not healthy and the kennel cough takes weeks to months to clear &
sometimes turns into Pneumonia.  EACH AND EVERY ANIMAL that comes out of
this WILL have intestinal parasites of any or all of the following; whips,
hooks, tapes or round worms and other intestinal parasites such as Cocidia
&/or Giardia!

We had a gracious offer from a foster home in MO to foster the Senior Male
in there, we now call him Arthur, who was found as a stray.   How could we
say no to such a generous offer, we all know foster homes for Seniors don't
come along that often!  But in the anticipation this sweet senior boy won't
be in the best medical condition we have an estimate from the vet for $325
which will cover his Neuter, Vaccines, HW test, Blood Work, Dental, etc...if
he has a positive HW test this expense will be close to an extra $200.

When looking at the website we realized there was a middle aged/senior
female, we now call Agnes, found in the exact location as Arthur.  All
though we knew the expense for her medical care will be just as high as
Arthurs we just could not leave her behind...& when we watched and watched
to see if another rescue might step up for her & didn't we committed to
helping her too.  Medical costs for Anges will be around the same as
Arthurs.

And then we have sweet Livingston.  He was found as a stray in Chillicothe,
MO.  Since we know no history on this sweet boy, only what our humblest
rescue opinions can offer us we are pretty sure he has lived his entire life
outside with limited/no medical care.  Livingston suffers from a severe eye
infection caused by his painful Entropian that has been left untreated his
entire life.  Entropian is a condition in which the eyelids curl under
causing the eye lashes of the lid to continually run against the surface of
the eye.  Left untreated as Livingston's has infection eventually sets in.
Livingston was pulled this past Sat 8/27 and his eyes are worse than we
anticipated from photos.  His right eye is the main eye affected & is now
cloudy & he can still see shadows but is partially blind in that eye.  Both
eyes have the most pungent smelling thick yellow puss coming from them.
Livingston's top eye lids are the affected Entropian lids.  He also now has
an upper respiratory/kennel cough infection.  The costs for his entropian
surgery are $300

http://hhbr.chipin.com/motrio

Donations can be made by the Chipin link--all donations made through ChipIn
are directly sent to HHBR's PayPal Address!

Via PayPal directly to admin at houndshavenbassetrescue.com or sent via snail
mail to:

Hounds Haven Basset Rescue

305 N 15th St

Indianola, IA 50125

We thank you in advance for becoming one of Arthur's, Agnes's & Livingston's
Angels!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at
admin at houndshavenbassetrescue.com

www.houndshavenbassetrescue.com
The HHBR Crew