[Dailydrool] Basset Names

Randy S Miller meistersinger1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 22:41:17 PDT 2011

For very unique names, one only had to look to the names of the bassets that were owned by the late Larry Geier (in order):

Felonious Assault (Loney) ATB
Miss Demeanor (Miss D.) ATB
Felony
Criminal Mischief (Miss Chief)

Larry was a biker.  Come parade time here in Central PA and Northern Maryland, you'd see him and his hounds on his bike in the parade.  When the weather was nice, the hounds would accompany him to church.  (St. John's Lutheran (LCMS) Church and School--Mt. Rose Ave, York.  He'd put them on lead under a tree in the school playground while in church.)  Anyone know if Felony and Miss Chief were ever adopted?  Last I heard his daughter was fostering them for Mid-Atlantic Basset Rescue.  I haven't heard anything about them since.

Of course, there was also Da Moose (aka Dopey Dog)(ATB) from Gaithersburg, MD.