[Dailydrool] rawhides marlene

houndsabound at cfl.rr.com houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 12 04:52:04 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We  have also banned rawhides, pig ears, anything similar to those in our house for the hounds.  Our Beagle, Brooke, years ago,  swallowed one as soon as it was small enough to do so,  which it was still pretty large.  It created a blockage, and while she was able to pass it...after 3 days,  we avoided surgery.   That was the last time.   I know they love them,  but the thought of losing them to something that is so preventable,  well,  it is a no brainer for me to not offer them.  Some hounds might do fine with them,  I have not met that hound yet in our home.

aroos and drool to all in need,

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org