[Dailydrool] hugs

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 16:42:39 PDT 2011

i am tryng to catch up with the drool, having been out of town for a week.  i just read of the question of hugging.
gus not only LOVES his hugs, but demands them.  in the morning, after he goes out for his business and comes in and eats, he comes over to me at the computer and starts talking.  loudly. defiantly.  not barking, talking.  so i get up and go to the couch.  he jumps ups next to me lays into me and waits for my arms to come around his neck and chest.  and then, the sigh.  oh, that sigh.  is there anything better than that sigh?  he cranes his neck to look right into my eyes and there we sit.
the whole process is repeated when we come back from our evening walk and eat supper.  here comes "the conversation" and off we go to the couch.
when it's time to watch tv, he jumps up next me, lays right up against me and puts his whole head on my right breast and then, the sigh.  his snooter is 3 inches from my chin.  and we both are on top of the world.  this snooter-to-chest thing lasts about 15 minutes and then he'll reposition himself for a serious nap.
can anyone wonder why these hounds have our heart and soul?
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-yeah, so i like hugs.  i'm still THE MAN!