[Dailydrool] Kelly's Ladder

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 1 20:36:57 PST 2011

Kelly, a million years ago I was a Boy Scout. That's what you need to fix
your ladder. A Boy Scout.

If you take the rawhide off (one rung at a time) a properly trained Boy
Scout would be able to lash the rung back on with an alternative material.
I'd suggest 1/4" manila (hemp) rope, because it would retain the rustic,
natural look (as opposed to nylon rope). If you're really creative, you can
even make your own rope out of cheap twine <grin>!

If you don't have access to a friendly (helpful, obedient, kind, etc.) Boy
Scout, you could learn to do that yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lashing_(ropework),
http://www.pioneeringmadeeasy.co.uk/knotsandlash/square.html etc. There's a
lot of web sites that can help.