[Dailydrool] update on Mona,

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 2 18:16:56 PST 2011

Hi all,  thanks so much for drool for our dear Mona.   And thank you Debbie
for posting for her. It is much appreciated!

She is home and sleeping off some pain meds right now.

We got her in fast,  her heart rate and BP were up initially, but started to
lower soon after arriving. (That could have just been my driving.)

X-rays were taken and her stomach was still in place from the tacking,(from
the last time).   YAY!   So,  they did a gastric intubation, which really
did not produce much gas, or stomach decompression.

She stressed very much when this was done,  and they did not want to put her
under,  so, did not try a second time.   We have her on zimithicone, not
sure if I spelled that right.  It is for gassy stomachs.  Between the
tramadol she normally gets each evening and the pain shot, she should sleep
well tonight.  I have to  measure her belly several times tonight,  but
expect, it will go down.

She drank a whole lot after she ate this evening.  Not sure if that is what
caused it,  but I was right there, washing their bowls when I noticed her
swell up, so we were able to have her at the vet within about 20 minutes of
first signs.  We are rethinking our process for feeding with her.

Anyhow,  she is home, and while not through this yet,  I feel confident she
will be just fine.

Drool to all in need tonight and thank you for keeping Mona on your drool
list.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!