[Dailydrool] Berea, Ohio Christamas Waddle

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Sun Dec 4 10:21:33 PST 2011

Hi!  This is Gramma Jo.  As you probably know, I invented the Waddle so I've
been to a lot of them.  I'd never been to the one in Berea before.  We
usually go to the one in Charleston which is wonderful.  We thought Berea
would be cold  this time of year and Berea was a small town so the parade
would be kind of small.  This year Melissa, Charlie and I went and let me
tell you Berea is WONDERFUL!.  The small city is lovely.  The people are all
friendly.  As you go by in the parade they wave at you and yell "Merry
Christmas."  The parade itself is huge.  We think there are a lot more
entries than most of the Waddles we've been to.  It is just the right length
 and it ends back where it starts!  No shuttles.  Plus, it's at night and
everything is lit up including a lot of the bassets' collars and leashes.
After the parade Berea has fireworks and lighting of their tree, a
merry-go-round  and Ferris wheel.

Marilyn Deucher does this Waddle mostly by herself!  She has grown it a LOT
but we think if she had more help this Waddle could be HUGE!  We had a
fantastic time.  Thank you Marilyn!   Next year all Droolers should attend.

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org
New EMAIL ADDRESS!!