[Dailydrool] Advice on belly bands?

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 09:06:52 PST 2011

As suggested by Droolers, we have decided to use a belly band on Bo at night. He is fine during the day, no problems with using the great out of doors, but at night he simply will not go outside to potty. Because of his meds. (steroids) he needs to pee frequently. I have been going outside with him several times a night, but lately he has not been waking me and using the floor instead. He is not crateable, due to severe claustrophobia. (As my then teenage stepdaughter used to say, "Bo has ISSUES"--drawing out the last word into about ten syllables,) He also wants to be near us at night so the boogie monsters don't get him.

Okay--so I went to the Internet and learned how to make a belly band. I made him a nice one that fits, with an incontinence pad in it. Here's the problem--Bo is shaped like a trim elderly gentleman with a pot belly or a trim but very pregnant lady. The band goes around his widest section. Last night our trial run was a bust--I woke up once and the band had slid over his narrower hips and come off. The second time I looked, it had slid forward around his ribs, exposing the parts I need covered. I'm looking for suggestions. I'm thinking that if I tapered it like a lampshade, making it twice as wide so it covered his entire middle between front and back legs, that might work. Any ideas would be appreciated.