[Dailydrool] Mini-Waddle No More!

Marilyn Deucher mjdeucher at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 07:26:08 PST 2011

What a great Waddle Weekend!

Basset Hounds from all over came to Berea to waddle in the Light Up Berea Pawrade,  Approximately 40 or so happy hounds trotted and waddled through town to the delight of onlookers, especially the children.  We welcomed Gramma Jo and Melissa and Charlie Fenchel from Michigan, Auntie Dawn who came to sell tons of raffle tickets, Auntie Carol with Periwinkel and Samson, Auntie Angelika with Peaches, Peanut and, of course, Elvis.  And then there were Aunties Beth Vogel and Pat Mayer and the entourage, who have been to almost every waddle since 2006.  Both Olivia and Chunky got to waddle this year - Olivia in her shearling coat - Chunky was just as happy to shed his early on.

The weather was perfect -- I am sure Qw. Olive had a paw in this. Early arrivals had a chance to explore Coe Lake Park, just adjacent to the parking lot at the start of the pawrade.   We thank all of you who came -- many people for the first time and who were amazed at the size of the parade and the welcome from our small town.  There were 35 units in the parade which lasted about an hour.   We circled back to Coe Lake where we shared pizza and sold raffle tickets.  Attendees were the big winners this year, winning all but three prizes.

It was also determined that this is no longer a mini-waddle -- we have grown up and henceforth it shall be known as the Berea Christmas Waddle.  Mark your calendars for next year -- the first Saturday in December!

Marilyn Deucher