[Dailydrool] Nigel and dog food

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:55:33 PST 2011

Bev, that's a sweet story about Nigel's going out in his cart through the
leaves to sniff with his pack.  I can understand how frustrating it can be
when he doesn't want to go outside unless the rewards are big for him! He's
a lucky boy to live at your house.

At our house, we have a problem getting Data, the beagle, inside.  I
brought out the clicker and now take a piece of apple with me when he's out
on a "hunt" in our backyard at 10 pm.  He comes meekly to me when I have
the food and call him very gently.  Otherwise, he keeps running and barking
until he is exhausted and every nerve in my body is frayed. Bassets are
hard to train and are stubborn, but the beagle is way more oblivious to
human commands when he has a scent (which is about every 5 seconds).

On another note, we also feed Call of the Wild Bison.  The salmon is pretty
stinky!  This food keeps Roland's skin redness down to a minimum and all
the dogs love it.

Happy Christmas and Hanukkah preparation time to all the hounds out there
and to their people.

Janice
Roland the Gentle, Truman the Courageous, and Data the Challenge

--
Janice Henry Colvin