[Dailydrool] Snoopy and Cyrus and the rugs

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 11 09:14:18 PST 2011

*sigh*

It's the clueless momPerson here.  What is it with dogs and rugs?  Why when you
simply want to adjust the rug do you suddenly find at least 200 lbs of dog
settled there, grinning at you?

It hasn't been raining so I have a few sections of indoor/outdoor carpet down on
the patio outside for the dogs to sun themselves on.  It's nice for the people
too ....feels good on bare feet (yes, we are in California where our day time
highs are in the 60s).  So, this morning I noticed that the seams were curling
up so I went outside to tug on one of the rugs to make everything lay flat ...
and suddenly two dogs were on that rug.  No problem, I just tugged a different
rug to even things out but guess what?  Both dogs were magically on THAT rug ...
so all three of us went back to the first one .... oh ... wait ... I ran for the
door and both dogs charged the door and I doubled back and grabbed the rug end
and both dogs pounced on that rug and I dove for the other rug and they dove too
.... and then I faked them out and doubled back and got my rug straight.

So then we came inside and I noticed that the rug in front of the fireplace is
partially sideways and rolled up against the slate hearth.  Cyrus saw me look
and immediately curled up on the rug and went to sleep.  Snoopy is asleep in the
reading chair with one ear on the ottoman which is of course on that rug too.

I give up.  Do your bassets do this too?  Or is it a Lab trick that Cyrus taught
Snoopy?

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy and Cyrus and crooked rugs.