[Dailydrool] Little Nikki

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:30:57 PST 2011

Little Nikki is at the Vet Hospital tonight.  She threw up a bunch of times last night, and she has extreme bloody diarrhea.  She threw up on Sunday as well (once), and then she yelped later in the day as if in distress.  I gave her one 250 mg. Metronidazole.  Monday she was fine.  Today, not so much, so off to the Vet we went.  She repeated the yelping of Sunday, but worse.  Her preliminary results (in house blood tests and X-rays) are not alarming.  Lab reports are forthcoming.  She is on fluids.  She is only JUST (late Nov. B'day) five, and she is generally a very healthy girl.  JP also vomited on Sunday (bile), and Jr and Pumpkin wanted to eat grass today.  Jr. threw up a couple of grass balls, and his stomach gurgled all morning.  (He got me up at 3am to get him out, and sure enough, the neighbor's cleaning crew was just leaving.  Pierre bellowed GOOD RIDDANCE to them.)  I had some Omaha steak brand hot dogs in my freezer, and on Sat.  I gave one divided 8 ways to the hounds.  I repeated this Sunday and Monday, so my thought is that this brand of hot dog is too rich for the hounds.  They have had hot dogs in the past, and I baked these to cook the fat out of them, and they only had a tiny piece, but it is NO MORE.  Nigel, while I was at the Vet with Nikki, threw up on the couch.  It hit Nikki the worst, however.  I will know more tomorrow, and tomorrow and Thurs. are the days the herd goes to the Vet to get the toe bones clipped and the anals squeezed.  A little drool would be appreciated.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the herd
P.S.  First week on Weight Watchers - lost 9.8 pounds (really, 8.6 because on my first weigh in, I wore my heavy sweatshirt, but I was told to take it off today, and it weighs 1.2 pounds.)   I will write  more about Pounds for Hounds again soon.