[Dailydrool] Antibiotic squirts

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:29:44 PST 2011

Probably everyone else on the Drool knows this already, but I didn't. Maybe
some one told me and I forgot. I might even have written it down on a piece
of paper and then put the paper where I wouldn't lose it and where I also
would never ever find it again.

Nigel is on Cipro for his UTI. This of course has made his stools ...uh....
unpleasant to try to pick up. Smearable. Not nice. I put him on yogurt and
it made it worse (it has worked  before). Then a Belgian friend told me
about Forti-Flora, available for a rather steep price (I think) at my
Vet's. So yesterday I picked some up and whoa, does it work!!!

Then today I had Cooper in for grooming and was horrified to find he had
lost over 5 pounds in the space of about two months. This really scared me.
He is a picky eater (Llewis is always watching to see if Cooper eats or not
because if he leaves food Llewis pounces on it). but this is ridiculous. He
has not weighed 51# since he was 8 months old! I had them do a chest rad
and belly ultrasound and am pleased to say they were both perfect. Dr T
sold me some "Dr Goodpet" which I have also had recommended to me-- an
enzyme thingie which is supposed to enhance the way the dog utilizes what
he eats. We started it today and we shall see.
Meanwhile, invest in Forti-Flora. Stuff is fantastic.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper