[Dailydrool] Mell, leaking, drools and walking with a quirt, Christmas cards

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 22:21:19 PST 2011

My heart goes out to Mell;s family. enjoy the memories, they help heal.
Sounds like Ann needs Val's Bo belly band pattern.
Drools to anyone else out there that needs it, Kathy Nali, not feeling well.
Drools and get well wishes to you.
Nigel and the dog, I too hope he finds his way back home before harm come to him
or others. I started walking with a quirt aka riding crop back when Chance was a pup
in the mid 90's there was a dog that used to run out at us all the time. just slapping it on
my leg seemed to get his attention. I did not carry it at first with Molly Bob until,
We had a D*** huge lab mix that would come ripping out of his yard and bulldoze Molly Bob over
So I started to carry the quirt. the next time he came out at us I popped him hard on the end of the nose.
Guess what, he stands in the yard and watches us walk be now, but his owner had the audacity to get
peeved at me for hitting his dog, in the middle of the street, off leash while mine was on a leash. I calmly
asked if he would like to get animal control involved and he got his dog in the house.
I carry it all the time now, My DH will say, don't forget your stick. I did use it one other time when,
a Shih tzu, got away from his owner and attacked Molly Bob, growling, barking, biting, I hit him several times,
Now before I get grief for hitting, this is a quirt, with a large popper on the end, it makes more sound the makes pain.
I was trying to keep him away and lift Molly Bob up [50# plus] not an easy task.

Thanks for all the wonderful Christmas cards. I wish I had known how to share postage, or knew who to ask, Next year.
I will do the exchange if at all possible, I will try to get my picture this year.
I am hanging all the DD cards together, LOTS, then there is my other basset friends wall, looks good, then there is my
other friends and family spot, totalling 6 so far, very sad, the DD has brightened my Christmas
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Martha and Molly Bob
.