[Dailydrool] so incredibly sad

Alison Haber alison.haber625 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 05:27:52 PST 2011

Hi all,

I know that you all don't know me, I tended to only write when we had puppy
issues, and you were all so very helpful. Well, I  so sad to say that our
14 1/2 year old boy Oscar has gone to the bridge, as you all say. I have no
idea what that means but it sounds kind. He was with us since he was 12
weeks, and was a wonderful friend, and pet to me, my husband and our two
daughters.  He was not diagnosed with anything specific, but he has had
weight loss for over the last few years, but has been otherwise fine. We
had been out of town for close to 3 weeks and he stayed with my in-laws and
did just fine.  We were home for about 3 days, and then went away again for
two nights.( he loved my in-laws so he knew this wasn't a banishment!)  We
went to pick him up, and he greeted us at the door. We were told that he
had not eatten all weekend, something he has been known to do when we are
away. When I went to walk him, he was hesitant, but did walk to the front
door, and then it happened. He just keeled over on his side, and couldn't
get up. We went to the vet immediatley, and the rest you know.  The reason
I am sharing this, other then I know that you will all understand my
sadness, but I really do believe that he waited for my hisband and I to get
home to say good bye. We hadn't been in the house but maybe 5 minutes. I
have to believe that he knows how much we loved and cherished him, and he
really must have loved us equally.
We are currently dog sitting my friends two Bassets, a 2 yr old male and a
2yr old female, so we are not dogless yet, but once they leave, we will be
without a dog for the first time in a very long time. They are fun, but
it's not the same........
Thank you all for listening.
Alison and Jeff
Thank you all for listening