[Dailydrool] Question

Psy1801 at aol.com Psy1801 at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 12:13:15 PST 2011

HI, drool to all in need, etc.  We've also had the kind of
counter-cruising where you can't imagine how they do it.  And yes, going to  tell the other
parent only gives them a chance to get more!

Anyway...here's what happened--any advice or thoughts?

We took a vacation last week and left the boyz with their "Auntie
Christine," her two kids, and her Chihuahua.  They all got along great as  usual.
BUT...Christine's father in law babysits after school for an hour  every day
until she gets home.  One day, for no apparent reason, Sirius  went for his
glasses, and ended up biting his face while getting them, and then  his hand
when he went to push Sirius away.

In the end, no harm was done, and he didn't need medical attention,  but he
is now very wary of watching the kids when the dogs are there.  Of  course,
the dogs love to go there and it's way better than a kennel or even our
neighbors going in and out a few times a day.

Why did Sirius do this?  Should we take him to the vet--is  something
neurological going on?  Was there some antecedent on the part of  the FIL that he
didn't mention, or even realize?

Sirius is generally very laid back.  He only gets upset when  someone takes
away something in his mouth, and that was not the case here.   (Or he gets
upset with Gus when Gus is in his spot, and starts calling his  mother a
Beagle and stuff like that, but that's it.)  The DH did get one  growl from him
when he startled him in the middle of sleep by sitting down  nearly on top
of him.  Other than that, Sirius is not alpha, does not get  bothered much,
and has never bitten anything that moves.  (He used to love  remotes,
phones, shoes, etc.)

What should we do about this??  Thanks for any help or insight  you can
give me.  Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy New  Year.

Bracha, with Sirius and Gus