[Dailydrool] Bassets on the counters

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Dec 21 09:08:22 PST 2011

As I was reading all of the fun everyone has with Bassets on the counters
and I have had quite a few experinces with this myself  I wanted to chime in
about one Basset I have here in rescue, Buster, he is the second tallest
longest Basset I have ever had he could look me in the eye if he stood up on
his hind legs and put his feet on my shoulders and I am 5'9" tall but he
never ever ever takes anything from the counters. His nose is even with the
counter tops as he sits and patiently waits for anything given him and he
actually has to sniff and taste something before he eats it. ( which has
resulted in him losing out several times because he puts something new on
the floor to sniff and poof it dissapears right in front of his eyes by
another basset slide by) (But I make sure he gets his fair share even if I
have to hand feed him) He is so mild tempered sometimes I wonder if he is a
true Basset? Busters back legs are 23" long and his length from his butt to
his nose is 42" as best as I can measure with a moving non cooperating
participant.