[Dailydrool] expert unwrapping

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 24 19:35:00 PST 2011

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

So how, exactly, does he unwrap presents without tearing anything.  Today he got
into the present closet again (there are 8 nights to hanukkah, this is only five
tonight) ... well how did he open a box, remove the SNOW GLOBE, unwrap all of
the tissue, notice it is not a dog toy, and leave it all ... undamaged?

And he's the dickens about that present closet too .... he has had almost ALL of
the dog toys out of there at one time or another.  I'm trying to figure out how
he's openning the door, but don't know so far.  After the snow globe tonight I'm
wondering if I'm supposed to be wrapping his?  Snoopy is six but he came home
with us last January so I'm pretty sure this is his first Hanukkah.  He approves
of celebrating over and over every night btw.

And Snoopy is getting a LOT better about sharing toys.  Somehow getting a new
one every night has him relaxed ... tonight he got a squeaky squirrel that he
loved for like an hour and then he left it and Cyrus picked it up.  In the past
that would have set Snoopy off but he just came over and sniffed Cyrus and the
toy and walked past and got a different one.  Would have been a whole different
story as recently as last month.  Last night they were tugging a "loaf of dog"
and Snoopy pulled 110 lb Cyrus all the way across the living room .... what a
mighty will ... they were having SO much fun.

Anyway Cyrus (or any other dog I know) has never, ever been such a ... well ...
snoop.  And it amazes me that with all Snoopy's rumaging nothing gets broken or
torn ... only kind of damp and well ... drooly.

Do your bassets do this too?  Do you wrap their presents?

Oh, and about Wen's question today ... I asked at the doggie store in los gatos
and they said it is the "standard yogurt icing recipe you find on the web ...
only a whole lot less sugar"  They have all the specially decorated treats there
and she sait that is how the get that colored decoration on there.  But how
about the sprinkles?  The only "dog" sprinkles they had are the color of sand,
not very appealing but Snoopy and Cyrus like them.  They cost way too much
though, can I use regular sprinkles do you think?

Dale ...with Snoopy (who wants the present closet inventory??)  and Cyrus (oh
Please, can't you let anything be a surprise?)