[Dailydrool] Update from Beth H. -- I'm home

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 14:57:43 PST 2011

Hi everyone -- in my dear Daily Drool family --

I just got home.  (Can't believe insurance will only cover four days  for
brain surgery ... )

What's most important is to thank all of you.  I am overwhelmed and in
tears at the incredible love with which you have wrapped me during this whole
ordeal.  The cards, e-mails, notes, drool, all that love.  I can't  tell you
how much it means.  I printed out everything that came in advance  and took
it with me, and now that I'm home I have even more waiting for me,  making
me feel so protected and loved.

There's good news.  The doctor had been afraid that the surgery would
destroy my vision, but it DIDN'T -- I can see, which is my own incredible
miracle.  I have been blessed with an astounding neurosurgeon, and a  hospital
which has been strong and positive and fantastic.  It's also, of  course, been
really hard.  Pain, dizziness, confusion, panic, you can  guess what it's
been like.

Now (SPOILER warning -- detailed surgery news) -- I have a snake-like  scar
that's about 15 inches long, from the center of my forehead curving around
my head, then coming back out around my ear (they actually took out a huge
hunk  of my skull while they shoved the rest of the brain around to get the
tumor deep down inside).  And a black eye, and lots of other stuff, but the
 miracle is that they got everything out, and they're optimistic -- another
week  for the pathology report (although he's almost positive it's benign),
  and six weeks before I can bend over or wash my hair or drive -- but this
 has been my own miracle.

I'll write more later -- I want to write to every one of you who have taken
 the time to share your love -- but I can only do about a sentence at a
time and  then I drift off ... so I wanted this to go to my whole DD family to
send  you my love and gratitude.  Bless you all.  You have made such a
difference in my life.

So much love to everyone,
Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)