[Dailydrool] TEDDY

Melinda Robison mom2bassets at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 15:59:12 PST 2011

I want to thank everyone who wrote to me at this difficult time. Teddy came to me from Belly Rubs Basset Rescue in Tennessee and I sincerely thank them for trusting me with this precious boy. Teddy was the perfect Basset. He never did any  of the things that everyone reports that their Bassets do. He loved everyone and every dog. He was my babysitter. The smallest dogs and puppies were safe with Teddy. I have pictures of Teddy with Bino, a tiny Poodle mix, sleeping on top of him. He started having grand mal seizures when he was less than 2 years old. The were not frequent so my Vet didn't want to medicate him. He had one about 8 weeks ago and I felt something was different about him after that. He seemed lost at times and would run into things that had been in the same place since he came here. When I came home Tuesday he was "swimming", like he was trying to get up but couldn't. I rushed him to the Vet and she worked on him for an hour then sent us
 home with medicine I could give him thru the night. He shook continuously all night and then at the Vet the next day. They kept him all day and tried everything but it was apparent that nothing was going to work and his temperature would not come down so I had to make the worst decision of my life. We miss him terribly. Thanks again for all your love and support.

                                 Melinda Robison