[Dailydrool] UNGroundhawG day - Queenly proclamation by Pawtunia

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 07:21:02 PST 2011

QPT here-

I thinks that in dishonor of the day of the Groundhawg, I shall retell a story of Pwincess Xandybear and Hugmonster.  A couple years back my momcakes and I went out to Aunties Pat and Carol's house. We was going to go to Slobberfest the next day. It was a real long ride and we was tired and took a nap. Auntie Blondeslave was there with XB and Huggie. The folks at Droopy Basset Rescue had asked Auntie Carol to do a home visit in Punxatawny. Hmmmn, couldn't go alone on such a trip so my she slave, blondeslave, Pat, Carol, XB and Huggie went along. The lady wasn't exactly ready for a basset but was real nice. She suggested that everybody go to the GroundhawG festival going on in town.

This was a big deal in Philville. There were giant, decorated groundhawgs all over town.  The humans got a very good parking spot. The four ladies and two houndettes got out. First they went to meet the host and hostess. Phil and Phyllis Groundhawg live in a nice building with a big glass wall to the outside. They were clearly very tired from the festivities and were snoozing in the shade. XB told me that Phil did raise an eyebrow to greet her. They then were petted by a lady who said she'd adopted a hound from Ohio but that he was too old to enjoy the festival.

She slave had the Pwincess' leash. Hugmonster was close behind with Blondeslave. The festival had lights, music, rides and rows of vendors. They started down the first row of vendors only to have a crazy woman try and jump over the table repeatedly screaming, "NO DOGS, GET OUT" at the top of her lungs. Hmmmn, not a way to attract customers. Dogs? They didn't see any dawgs.  The Pwincess and slaves couldn't fathom what terrible infraction had prompted such a tirade. Shortly thereafter the groundhawg police came and more kindly told them all to leave.  Banished from the great outdoors by gendarmes!!!

Ya would think a town that honors a four footed friend would be more congenial! It wasn't like they were gonna EAT the groundhawgs. How dare they?!?

I watched the news this morning. Some old guy in Punxatawny woke up poor Phil, shook him around a little and held him up, while muttering about spring coming.  Shoulda kidnapped Phil and Phyliss while they were there. Found em some nicer humans.

I do hereby declare that no basset hound shall celebrate GroundhawG day until it is relocated from Punxatawny, Pennsylvania. Not only are they mean to the groundhawg, they committed great insult to Pwincess Xandy Bear and Hugmonster. This was an affront to bassets everywhere.

Good thing the lady who lived there wasn't a good candidate to adopt a basset. We'd have had to go back and rescue the houndie from the city!!

I did not see my shadow this morning. Mostly because I was watching Phil on TV. As a result I hereby declare that it is 1 weeks and two days to Michigan Basset Waddle weekend. Where hounds are most welcome.....hmmmn, Phil? Why don't Aunties Pat and Carol just pick you and Phylisssssss up on the way??????

QUEEN PAWTUNIA

(What, you think I waste royal pronouncments on less serious stuff?)