[Dailydrool] Freddie update

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 18:49:31 PST 2011

Today Freddy went for his x-rays and as far as Doc can tell there is NO mets!  I think I was
finally able to breath again.  Doc Brown raved about what a fine gentleman Freddie is.  He even
went as far as to say that even though Bassets are his choice breed Freddie won him over.   Freddie
laid very still for all 6 x-rays enjoying the wonderful belly rubs his was given.

The drool worked!   Now on to Phase II.  Doc recommended radical lipper flap surgery to make sure
all the cancer is removed.   He asked me if I would mind caring for a basset  who was missing most of
his upper left lip.   My answer was " Heck no!  As long as he can be a cancer survivor that is all I care about.
Of course the final choice is up to GGBR but I am voting yes!  Besides Freddie has such a winning personality
a little thing like a missing lipper flap would mean nothing.

Freddie has been asked to participate in an Oral Melanoma research project.  If anyone or anyone you know
has a furkid (dog) that has oral melanoma and is interested in participating please contact me for the info.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with the Fabulous Freddie (who enjoyed a wonderful burger post
vet visit.)