[Dailydrool] That Bark-----

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 18:19:14 PST 2011

Momma here. Today started off shall we say "on the wrong paw"--for some of us that is. Myself, I found a new way to oversleep, I just rolled over and snoozed.  My first clue that my snoozefest was over was that from somewhere in the depths of the pillow, I heard a bark. I opened a eyeball. Must of been dreaming, closed the eyeball. Two more barks brought me around-I had both eyeballs open now-hmmmm---I recognized that bark, that is Clara--Clara that is not much of a barker. Perhaps it was not really a bark, it was more of a demand shall we say--I hauled it off the mattress, headed to the stairs and looked down and here was Clara. The glare was enough to melt all the snow from this horrible snow storm.  She was hot. The bowl was very late and in the life of that basset, totally unacceptable. I headed for the coffee pot, she headed for the dog door--woo hoo--check that out-I watched from the window, as she tromped, stomped across the yard, giving me the glare at every step. It was clear that my oversleeping would not be forgotten, but watching her motor across the yard sure did bring a smile. With all her anger at me those legs were moving, heck, she was lookin real good out there!!!
Perhaps I need to oversleep more often-

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,