[Dailydrool] The biggest Basset Loser

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:19:03 PST 2011

Congrats to Kahuna!  Great job.  I wish we were having luck with MacKenzie.
 Her diet adventure is just NOT working.  Her food is way down (1/2 cup
taste of the wild in the morning and evening - with fat free yogurt in the
morning and 1/3 can of wet food in the evening).  Her weigh in was yesterday
- 79 pounds.  Essentially unchanged in a month of dieting.  After every meal
she's searching for food.  No more hot dog snacks.  I added green beans and
she just dropped them on the floor for others to eat.  Her blood work is all
normal. She went in for her dental yesterday and is not bouncing back.
 She's usually quite the bouncer.  The vet told us that she has another
patient that gained 10 pounds in 3 months after being switched to taste of
the wild.  My other 2 are just fine on it.  Could this be just some strange
food reaction?