[Dailydrool] Dog community

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:35:52 PST 2011

I'm in! Just let me know when and where...preferably in CA so I can continue
to enjoy my snowless winters and sunny almost-every-days. :)

I've loved animals since before I can remember. My whole childhood revolved
around animals and various pets. I did not like dolls, only stuffed animals
so when I would recieve a doll on Christmas, I'd trade my new expensive doll
to my sister for an old raggedy bear instead. I was once scolded for trading
a brand new Barbie beach towel to my aunt for a faded, torn Puff the Magic
Dragon beach towel solely because it was an animal vs a human. (My aunt was
also scolded for initiating the trade) :) I have many of these memories - I
have always preferred animals to people...

Anyway, when I grew up and went off to college I just knew I needed to
graduate. The easier the better. Or moreso, the less science and math, the
better. So I ignored my intuition to work with animals, and instead majored
in Criminal Justice. Interesting, but not my passion. Now 6 years later, I
am contemplating a return to school to study my passion and become the vet
that I've always known I wanted to be.

So if we ever do get to create this little community, hopefully I'll be done
with school and come live as the vet on site. My dream is to offer
vetcare at reasonable prices or even pro bono; afterall, it's not about the
money, it's about the love for animals and the ability to see their value to
society.

Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert
San Diego, Ca