[Dailydrool] Why we need intentional communities:

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 14:28:54 PST 2011

Sue, I am so sorry to read that the love of your life, Louie has made his journey to the bridge.  Take heart that in all his life he knew nothing  but love.  And now he is a young and healthy hound eating from the grand buffet.  I will give my 2 hounds a special cookie tonight in Louie's honor.  May he live forever in the magic of your memories.

I have the boys on high drool production  for the following:

Post surgery recovery drool to Ben.  We hope that you recovery quickly and that you get to 100%, new & improved self soon.

Snoopy-Tu, sweet boy.please don't pull your guts out any more.  You poor thing, I know that under the care of Dawn of the West and all of her crew you will be well cared for.  Fast recovery drool from Colt & Ruger .

Heart healing drool and stay strong drool to Auntie Chris.  I can't  imagine what you are going through with all that you are going through.  Blessed be sweet human angel.

Mouth healing and arthritis go away drool for Sadie Lady.  We hope that you feel better soon and gets some nice treats to make up for all the meanness.

Brudder Elwood, GOOD Boy!! You now the peace keeper in the pack.That right Brudder Elwood Enforcer of the Peace!  Debbie give that boy a big ol' cookie!

Re: Why we need intentional communities: I totally agree! In one way I have this little village of dog people. It takes a village to raise a dog!  I have 3 neighbors that live either across the street from me or next door to me, we all have dog, which are considered our kids and we all help each other take care of those dogs and each other.  I am a prior vet tech and current human medic (crazy how similar the two are) My one neighbor works with the local shelter with their spay/neuter program.  My 3 neighbors are retired and they all have keys to my house.  They know my comings and goings and if I am running late at work they just go over and let the boys out and feed them if it is dinner time. (usually I call them to let them know I am running late, but they keep an eye on me to) My next door neighbor provides doggie day care for the boys, by letting them out to play in the backyard any time that she is able to keep an eye on them.  Plus all of my neighbors pitch in if I have to go on business travel or if the DH and I decide to go on vacation without the boys to take care of them.  Of course I worry about them but not nearly as much if I had to board them.  Now if I could just get my vet to move into our little village, and Nicole the Dog bakery owner life would be perfect!

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger