[Dailydrool] WADDLE NEWS...BIG...VERY BIG!!

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Thu Feb 17 07:45:38 PST 2011

We are SO thrilled and EXCITED to tell you all about the ALL NEW...and we
mean NEW Michigan Basset Waddle Weekend!! Join us May 13, 14 and 15th for
THREE days of FUN.
NEW this year: THE SATURDAY PICNIC SPOT!! We have found an AMAZING NEW venue
for the off leash picnic. It is a SECURELY fenced 7 acres of fields, woods
and trails!! It is just one section of a county dog park. This Bark Park is
rated one of the best in the country!!

The Biggest NEWS is: The Waddle is NOT in Birmingham, MI this year!! We
secured a new venue just yesterday!! It is called Canterbury Village in Lake
Orion, MI. There we have our very own Waddle Village! There will be NO
Shuttling, NO boring waiting for the parade to start!! We are planning a
brunch in the AM Sunday followed by a Blessing of the Hounds! The entire
place is Gorgeous! After Waddle there will be a Bar-B-Q just outside the
Tavern (which will be open :O) there on the beautiful huge patio! There is a
huge antique merry go round that will be running, there is a fudge and ice
cream shop among other quaint little shops in the "Village". We will have
games, vendors, a raffle, a DJ, costume contest and lots of FUN!  Take a
look: www.canterburyvillage.com

Also NEW this year!! Since we don't have the MAJOR difficulties of getting
on shuttles and Waiting (YEA!!) we are having a new competition this year:
Create Your Own Personal Float!! That's right, there will be prizes for the
best floats! Use your imagination, a wagon, whatever!! The theme for this
year's Waddle is French (due to Pierre Sr being our T Shirt Model) but you
don't have to stick to any theme.

Keep an eye on our web page www.michiganbassetrescue.org for updates! Also
be sure you are signed up for our online newsletter!!

The Hotel is the same...only the name has changed. Instead of being a
Howliday Inn, it is now a QwaddleT Inn!! You can call for your reservations
(do it soon for best room selections): (248) 689-7500. Reservation Code is
MBR and the room rate is only $80 and that INCLUDES the pet fee.  We will be
holding our Dinner and Auction at this hotel on Friday Night as always..
including the Coronation of Waddle King and Queen 2011!!

This is a Waddle you WON'T want to miss!! No Rain No Rain No Rain!!!!!!!

See You Soon!
Melissa and Jo

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets