[Dailydrool] daily drool

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:54:48 PST 2011

The Daily Drool is awesome.  Thank you Nancy for launching it and for continuing with the web site.  BOTW is incredible this week, as always, and I love Hound's Bay.  Thank you moderators for your unselfish tasks, and I will miss you this week (poopie, LOL - Robert you have been an asset to me at least a couple of times), and I truly hope you decide to return.  I have  sent "oops" a few times in the past, and you have made things right for me.  I truly appreciate you.  Thank you Alex and Melissa, without you, this engine would not run.  (Note to self: earmark a small donation to them - they never ask, but they deserve.)
I found out about the Daily Drool one fine day when I was on my front lawn with Pumpkin and baby Jean Paul, so this was in 2002.  My Dad recently passed, I had no computer, but a fellow and his wife who were driving by stopped and jumped out of their car to admire our basset pair.  He told me about the Daily Drool.  My sister had a computer (dial up and very slow), and when we checked out the web site, what got to us the most were the basset sounds.  It put our pair into a confused frenzy.  Not having a computer, I was slow to embrace the list, but I joined, read when I could.  Either I borrowed my sister's computer or went to the library other times, and while I rarely posted, I truly enjoyed reading the list.  Whenever I asked for medical advice, my initial reasons to post, I always got excellent advice.
In 2005, I got my own computer, and by this time I had already quit my job to care for Mom, so I had the time and means to fully embrace the DD.  Because of the DD, my efforts to support rescue have been hugely ignited.  I have made personal and cyber friends, and basically, my life has gone to the dogs, and I couldn't be happier.  Some cyber friends got me through tough times with my Mom (Thank you Donna), and I feel really blessed to be a part of this community.  I am not going anywhere!!
When called upon, I try to be helpful and positive.  I try to avoid negative energy, but everyone has a bad day.  As the magnet says,

PEACE  LOVE   BASSETS
	Drool on my friends,
Jackie, Pumpkin, Jean Paul, Pierre jr (Suncoast Basset rescue Waddle model 2011), Jellybean, Nigel, Colette, Max, Little Nikki, and Pierre Louis Sr. (Michigan Basset rescue waddle model 2011, ooh la la, mais oui - I may be ATB, but I am still so alive!!!)