[Dailydrool] Couple things from Wendell....

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 16:47:38 PST 2011

Pw. Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy here.....

 The mom slave doesn't post much for us anymore, life gets in the way, but we
have been here since I was 5 months old (I'll be 11 this year) and she found out
about the DD from her (now dog eared) edition of the Basset Hound Owner's
survival Guide. Now, she has excuses, too much work, new family, new baby... too
much time spent with us.... She even missed our Calendar Day on 2/2!! (Bad
momslave) We read the DD whenever we can. There are often "DD catch up" days
where we read a weeks worth at once.

Couple things. One, we miss the old days of avenshures, but us OEBE and BABES
avensuring hounds are gettin old and some are watching from the Bridge.... We
don't need the MIBs watching over us anymore as we fly the Concorde or sail the
seas... the new days are good too, just different. We at the former "Moon Zoo"
are sad that we don't play on the DD anymore the way we used to, but there are
others here now. We are not happy with the crankiness in the DD family... it
makes us sad. We have friends that we love from the DD that are better friends
than our "real life" friends - people we "talk" to at least every other day via
email that we met here... and there will be more - there's nobody in the world
like basset people!

    Mods, we love you (especially my "Auntie Sandy") and are happy you kept
the Drool alive when Auntie Nancy retired. We were scared it would all end then
we were happy it didn't.

    And we MISS you, especially when the dd includes stuff about penie
largements and working at home with someone we don't know and stuff like
that....

    We have dd members sick and in the hospital, OMBR is falling behind in
votes, drool that needs to be slung, swaves that need to be twained, silly
stories that need to be shared with a community of fellow members who "get
it"....  I'm ready to focus now..... anyone with me?

    That's it from me...
    Pw. Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy
with  Bailey Mackenzie OEBE Evil Enchantress (rescued from Ohio basset rescue
cause of the DD), Probert, BABES Pugilist (saloot), and Abby the baby bassetdor
(also rescued because of the drool). And the bassetcats...Sparkey and Bilbo
    At the Chicagoland Regional OEBE HQ
    Served by momslave Heather, daddy Sean, and our two legger brother CT
and baby sister Josiebean