[Dailydrool] You have a problem........

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Mon Feb 21 22:37:55 PST 2011

The truth remains that all over the world basset owners remain fools for the canine partners and do things for them nobody else will. We also bought :

A bigger bed to accommodate two 60lb bassets.
Lift the bassets onto the couch or bed.
A double cab air conditioned pick up truck so that they can ride in comfort.

When we visited Tibet a couple of years ago we found that there are many dogs in the premises of the monasteries and temples. Although these dogs belonged to nobody in particular, they were well fed and obviously cared for. Upon enquiry our guide told us that in the Tibetan Budhism it is believed that a monk who did not quite make the grade in his previous life may return to the present as a dog. They were thus allowed to stay in the monastery and temple grounds and cared for.

So look after your basset, you may never know..........

Frans and Mariette Breytenbach