[Dailydrool] Excessive drinking

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Tue Feb 22 15:09:43 PST 2011

     I wrote a couple of weeks ago that Lance was drinking a
lot of water.   We were afraid he had diabetes. The vet did
all the blood work and  everything looks normal.  He is
still drinking tons and now we have woken  up to wet spots
on the bed the last 2 mornings, and he goes out a couple of
times during the night too. He wakes us up to get off the
bed to go out and then  again when he gets back on so we
know he's going out.  His arthritis in his  back is
bothering him a little, but he won't eat Cosequin which I
have a lot of,  and I don't want to give him Deramax of
Metacam so I've been giving him Sod  Boswilla.  Would that
make him drink more water?  Conrad was on  Metacam and
because he felt no pain that is how he ruptured the disc in
his back  so I don't want to do that to Lance.
 Ann