[Dailydrool] house training a puppy

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 07:32:06 PST 2011

four years a go I loss my first Basset Lucy irl, so I was heart  broken and
wanted a BASSET PUPPY    well  I was 58 at the  time  ( an old fart )  and
let me tell you it was hard training a  bubby,  I truly had forgotten how
much work it was  she was peeing  every five minutes , I would take her
outside  she would pee, come  back in the house, put her down on the floor and in
the time it took her to run  from the kitchen to the living room she would
squat and pee again !  and  those people who say a " DOG WON"T PEE IN IT"S
BED "  is full of   SH**  that rule does not apply to BASSETS !  Both my
Bassets would pee  in their crates and then sit there and cry until I changed
everything it  took me 6 months to get Maggie Wags completely trained and
almost 7 months for  Evil Annie.  I swear this to be true, Annie was 7 months
old and peed on my  living room carpet and I picked her up, looked her in the
eye and I said " If  you pee on the floor one more time, your sorry A**
is out of here !  seriously,  she never peed after that ! it  takes time
and lots of patience, and don't feel bad if you end up talking to  yourself,
I did it lots !

we are so sorry to hear about Belly passing, she lived a good long life
with lots of love, she is your shining star in the sky.  run free girl, may
your broken heart heal soon.

Bev, you squirrel sorry cracked me up especially the part about  " go
Marlene, but step it up a notch "
I about fell off my chair.  GEEZ  I think I have made a bad name  for
myself.  but in reality,  you do need to pull that crap down,  filling the hole
wont work, they will chew right through whatever you put up  there. they are
creatures of habit, they will always go back to the same nesting  sight.  we
trap ours in a live trap and take them out to the country and  let them go,
 it is a slow  job but it is the only way to get rid of  them, one at a
time, we have nine of them that will be taking a ride as soon as  it warms up
around here, and they can find food and a new nesting sight   they are cute
but oh so destructive !  heheheeh  hahaha  try  puting a live trap with a
squirrel in your truck and two Bassets in the back  seat and that damn squirrel
is mad as hell and chattering  all the way out  to the country.  Annie
about comes unglued !

Marlene   mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie