[Dailydrool] Bently, YMHAHP, Needing to go Marlene

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 15:16:13 PST 2011

I am so sorry to hear that Belly has made her journey to the bridge.  Take heart that she knew nothing but love in her time on this earth, and now she is once again a young and healthy houndette watching over you and Maisie May.  May she live forever in the magic of your memories.  The Boys are slinging heart healing drool to you and your family to help mend your broken hearts.

No itching & skin healing drool to Bently's family.  We are saying a prayer that he really isn't  causing their reaction.

Elizabeth, I'd try to bathe Bently with some Chlorahexiderm Shampoo.  Leave it on for 10 minutes to allow it to kill any bacteria or possible yeast infection on him. Then rinse him off really well. See if that helps with you and your daughters symptoms.  Also make sure that you wash off after snuggling with him.  Especially any uncovered skin, (hands, arms, face, legs if wearing shorts)  Another thought is to take him to the vet to have him checked for any skin issues (fungus, bacteria etc).  Explain to your vet what is happening with you and your daughter.  Plus like Anita said it could be some form of flea medicine or shampoo that has been used on him.So a good bath or two should help a lot.

Way to go Ben.  A hound will eventually break the most determinded human and make them their slaves.

Kacy, I haven't wrote basset speak at work, but I have spoken it to friends. "BUV, STTS, Terrorist Squirrels, PBF, Slinging healing drool etc.  I just get that deer in the headlight glare from them.

You might have a hound problem if you sign all of your cards and letters to family and friends with you, the spouse and the hounds names.

You might have a hound problem if the only thing on your Christmas list is asking your family to donate your christmas money to a basset rescue or if they insist on a gift under the tree that they buy it from a basset rescue.  Or the vast majority of christmas presents that you bought for them came from a basset rescue or Moondoogie coffee in support of a Rescue.

I think all in all about 300 dollars was donated to one rescue or another and I got a lot of new basset crap, all bought from  Basset Rescue.  I personnally spent another 300 or so on basset calenders and other stuff from rescues and of course Moondoggie coffee.

This afternoon I was in the stores checkout line.  The cashier was one that has checked me out numerous times and knows that I have and love dogs, it is usually the topic of our converstations while I am paying for my purchases. Today she informed me that she had a new 4 month old puppy. I congratulated her but for some reason had a quesy feeling come over me. As I am swiping my debit card she tells me that she is having trouble potty training him and she might have to get rid of him if he does't get it soon. I tried to give her some tips.  But she had this air about her that she didn't want to work with him.He was just supposed to magically be potty trained. So I made my purchases, told her good luck and left.  Why didn't I go Marlene on this heffer? Because I was in uniform, (potraing the proper military image and all that crap) on base and I didn't want the security police to come take me to jail and ruin a 24 year Air Force career. God I need to retire so I can go back and beat the crap out of this women and then rescue that puppy.or wait I have an idea.I'll just speak softly and take Marlene with me.  LOL  This check out women is another shining example of why tigers eat their young.to bad her mother wasn't a tiger!

Love and Drool to all

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers

Colt & Ruger.Mommas little furangels.even though they were a tad bit difficult to potty train when they were buppies.